Easter Fun Facts:
- Easter is the second most important candy-eating occasion of the year for Americans.
- Americans spend 2 billion dollars on Easter goodies, and eat 7.1 billion pounds of Easter goodies each year! With 60 million chocolate bunnies being sold each Easter.
- During the Easter season, Americans buy more than 600 million Peeps - making Peeps the most popular non-chocolate Easter candy.
- Yellow Peeps are the most popular, followed by pink, lavender, blue, and white.
- In 1953, it took 27 hours to make a Marshmallow Peep. Today it only takes six minutes.
- In 1878 President Hayes and his wife Lucy officially opened the White House grounds to the children of the area for egg rolling on Easter Monday.
- Americans consume 16 billion jellybeans at Easter, with most of them hidden in baskets. If all the Easter jellybeans were lined end to end, they would circle the globe nearly three times.
- More than 118 million cards will be exchanged this year, making it the fourth largest card-sending event in the United States behind Christmas, Valentine's Day and Mother's Day.
- If you laid all the eggs made on the Cadbury Creme Egg plant end to end, they would stretch 12,000 miles
- When it comes to eating chocolate bunnies, 76% of people prefer to eat the ears first.